Hi everyone, I'm continuing on with some of my truth journal entries from four years ago. I'm afraid I'm not a scheduled enough person to remember to post every Monday and Thursday (the week I had no entries we were camping and hiking in southern Utah), but I'm trying! Here's another entry:
Day 64 - 5/2/06
Things I need to drill into my head:
1. It is the regular application of the truth that will set me free, not adhering rigidly to an eating program. I have never been able to stick to a program long-term anyway, so it's a good thing that's not what sets me free!
2. I'm going for breaking bondage here, not perfect and prompt weight loss. It is much better to go slowly and make permanent change than follow everything perfectly (on a diet) and gain it all back.
3. Breaking boundaries aren't the end of the world. They're an opportunity to apply truth to my life to break the bondage of emotional eating.
4. "It's available" and "Everyone else is having it" are not good reasons to have treats.
5. "I deserve it" is not a good reason to eat. Eating will not meet my needs.
6. Ask myself, "What is my problem, and what will solve it?" The only time food will be the answer is when the problem is hunger!